Ransomware has become the largest threat within cybersecurity that governments and companies, worldwide have to deal with.
What is ransomware?
A type of malicious software that can expose or block access to files on your computer for users or for the entire organization. The attacker gains access to the target system, where it encrypts files and demands a ransom from the victim to prevent infection by the virus. Not only did they update their antivirus protection, but they also realized that the updated companies were protecting themselves.
The ransomware strain, like the Covid19 Virus, is constantly evolving and often becomes dangerous over time. Unlike Covid, there are also variants such as Ryuk, Maze, REvil, Lockbit, and DearCry.
It works in three main phases
- Infecting vectors: - Attachments or links to websites that host malicious downloads.
- Data Encryption: -Starts data encryption after accessing the system.
- Request a ransom: As the virus name itself indicates, the ransom requires that the ransom be virus-free after the data is encrypted.
How to protect your organization from viruses:
- Continue to back up your data on a regular basis.
- Reduce attack surface (phishing emails, unpatched vulnerabilities, etc.).
- Use a ransomware protection solution.
The ransom message is something no one wants to see on the screen. Therefore, please update your computer frequently
About Rang Technologies:
Headquartered in New Jersey, Rang Technologies has dedicated over a decade delivering innovative solutions and best talent to help businesses get the most out of the latest technologies in their digital transformation journey. Read More...